Nicolas Brousse is Senior Director of Operations Engineering at TubeMogul (NASDAQ: TUBE). The company's sixth employee and first operations hire, Nicolas has grown TubeMogul's infrastructure over the past seven years from several machines to over two thousand servers that handle billions of requests per day for clients like Allstate, Chrysler, Heineken and Hotels.com.
Adept at adapting quickly to ongoing business needs and constraints, Nicolas leads a global team of site reliability engineers and database architects that monitor TubeMogul's infrastructure 24/7 and adhere to "DevOps" methodology. Nicolas is a frequent speaker at top U.S. technology conferences and regularly gives advice to other operations engineers. Prior to relocating to the U.S. to join TubeMogul, Nicolas worked in technology for over 15 years, managing heavy traffic and large user databases for companies like MultiMania, Lycos and Kewego. Nicolas lives in Richmond, CA and is an avid fisherman and aspiring cowboy.
- Talks and Papers
- How TubeMogul Handles over One Trillion HTTP Requests a Month (Lanyrd, Slides)
November 12th, 2015 at USENIX LISA15, Washington, D.C.
- How TubeMogul Reached 10,000 Puppet Deployment in One Year (Lanyrd, Slides)
May 26th, 2015 at Puppet Camp, Silicon Valley, USA
- Improving Operations Efficiency with Puppet (Lanyrd, Slides)
April 17th, 2015 at Puppet Camp, Paris, France
- Scaling Bleeding Edge Technology in a Fast-paced Environment (Lanyrd, Slides)
October 9th, 2014 at IDCEE 2014, Kiev, Ukraine
- Bringing Business Awareness to Your Operation Team (Abstract, Slides)
October 4th, 2013 at Nagios World Conference 2013, Saint-Paul, MN
- Optimizing your Monitoring and Trending tools for the Cloud (Abstract, Slides)
September 28th, 2012 at Nagios World Conference 2012, Saint-Paul, MN
- Demo of a Web Application development workflow with Git and Gerrit (Meetup)
February 16th, 2012 at Yahoo Surf Cafe for #lspe Meetup
- Scaling on EC2 in a Fast-Paced Environment (Abstract, Full paper, Slides)
December 8th, 2011 at LISA'11, Boston, MA
- Monitoring a Cloud Infrastructure in a Multi-Region Topology (Abstract, Slides, DBLP)
September 29th, 2011 at Nagios World Conference 2011, Saint-Paul, MN